View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rebuild kits for master cylinders for '93 M900 
Site Moderator

Post Rebuild kits for master cylinders for '93 M900
I need rebuild kits for master cylinders for '93 M900, please, if anyone can help.  The clutch side is needed urgently; the brake side fairly soon.  (Are they the same kit on both sides?)  If anyone has these, or knows where to get them, I'd like to buy at least the two, and maybe a further extra or two.  I've got two shops looking, but no luck yet -- Ducati doesn't supply them, and apparently Brembo doesn't either anymore for this model.  It's the old coffin-style type.

Thanks in advance,
PhilB

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 pm
Site Moderator

Post Re: Rebuild kits for master cylinders for '93 M900
We did find rebuild kits available, from either Yoyodyne or from Bevel Heaven.

However, the shop that's doing the work had a pair of very lightly used MCs from a 796 (that they had replaced with fancier ones for a racebike project) that they gave me a break on. They wind up being only $50 more than doing the rebuilds, due to labor cost of rebuilding, and they are known to seal, while a rebuild might not work out if the original cylinder bores are too worn.

So I'm going with that, especially since the rebuilds would have to be ordered and take a couple extra days, while the 796 MCs can go on today, and I'm paying rent on a car until my bike is back.

It's a bit of a shame that I'll lose that bit of patina and have to have more shiny new bits on it, but I guess it can't much be helped.

PhilB

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]