View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 FOR SALE: Ohlins Forks $1300 or OBO, Make me a good OFFER 
Test Rider

Post FOR SALE: Ohlins Forks $1300 or OBO, Make me a good OFFER
Hi
I am selling my pair of Ohlin's front forks from my 2005 Ducati Multistrada. They were just serviced (Jan/2011)at GP Motorcycles and it was discovered that the left fork leg has a very minimal/slight bend to it. But nothing that affects the performance of the fork. But they still work perfectly with fresh oil, new seals, and leak free.

So I want to sell them for $1300 or OBO, no really make me a good reasonable good offer. "Cash", No Checks, No money orders, and they will be sold as is status. Sorry local pick up only, no shipping, no Tat's for trade, I like my skin as a clean slate. These are still excellent forks for a great price. They can even be used to be sold for spare parts. Just wait until you try and buy spare parts and you will see that this is a savings.

If you want pictures, pls email me at askthebikemechanic@yahoo.com

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm
Moderator/Event Organizer

Post Re: FOR SALE: Ohlins Forks $1300 or OBO, Make me a good OFF
I saw this on Ebay I think. No one is saying it so I will say it.

ANY bend in a fork will affect it in some way. Typically the fork slider gets bent and some part of it rubs unevenly against the fork seal... blowing it.

Saving grace: Forks can be bent back to nearly straight. Has to be done by a professional, though.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]