View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A Quick Blast to June Lake 
Test Rider

Post A Quick Blast to June Lake
Every June the Ducati ST faithful get together for the annual "Madness" event. Well it was time to do a little scouting for next year's event. So in late September James and I headed up to June Lake to meet up with 3 other riders from the Bay area. Up Saturday and back Sunday.

Saturday: 575 miles up via Idyllwild and the Big Bear, etc. loop, then the long drone up 395. Took about 11 hrs.

Sunday: Awoke to temps in the high 30s! 640 miles home in 12 hrs. Down 395 to 136 into Death Valley, did all of 190, down 127 to Baker, down I-15 for a bit (ugh) and then through Apple Valley, Lucerne Valley, and up 18 into Big Bear (that was fun!), down 38, Cherry Valley, down 79 thru Hemet (looping around some of it on Domegnioni Hwy) and finally down I-15 again.

Amazing scenery in Death Valley. Last time, which was my first visit, I did only part of 190 and what I mostly recall was tossing my ST4 down the road during the 2004 BB1000. Back to the current trip...the varying geology is remarkable. It is simply amazing.

A few pics...
http://www.sundaysocialclub.com/gallery ... ?album=109

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]