View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Corral Canyon / Lark Mountain 
Events | WSMC #880

Post Corral Canyon / Lark Mountain
Went for ride Sunday on new husky and crashed into KTM guy going the wrong way on trail #2 from the campsite near four corners staging area. I believe they are one way trails, otherwise the stakes/markers wouldn't face one way, right? Anyone know?
Anyway, I broke some of the plastics and the light came out of the housing, and I lost the front brakes.

I do think I might of tail whipped the guy, who got caught like a deer in headlights when I crested the peak and was coming downhill pretty fast. Then I hit my front brakes (stupid move, but i'm used to my superbike by reaction, so i'm not familiar with my rear brake). So, I indo and tailwhip and bike ends up facing the wrong way.

it was goodtimes until the collision. I'm okay, and bike is okay.
Nevertheless, it's the way of the trails...

Former WSMC#880

749R
SC1000
Husky TC250
Aprilia RS50

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:38 am
DUCATISTA FOR LIFE

Ouch! Glad to hear you are ok though. Yeah, rear brakes are your friend on the dirt. Oh, crashing is part of the dirt experience!

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:14 am
Site Moderator

it was a great ride. jay totally took the guy out. :++: it was like a football game where you hear the players collide. I also saw donp take a spill a did a gnarly hot dog roll down the trail.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 pm
Test Rider

I don't think there are any one-way trails in Corral Canyon. I think they'd be clearly marked if there were, especially on the trailhead map at Four Corners.

It's a bit of a free-for-all out there.

Zina

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Events | WSMC #880

actually zina there are markers. they're real low... i noticed them on one of the loops (medow sky?) and they were one sided... that means something right? either way, i lived and the bike lived...

Former WSMC#880

749R
SC1000
Husky TC250
Aprilia RS50

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:15 pm
Test Rider

I looked at my Corral Canyon map and you may be right. There are some little triangles that suggest it's a one-way deal. They should do a better job of making that clear at the trail heads and on maps. I'm not sure if I've ever gone in the wrong direction, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have.

I did have an offset head-on at Corral, but that was on Keirnan Cycle Trail, which is a two-way trail. The other guy had been drinking and he came flying down a stretch with no visibility. Dirtbiking can be a bit of a crapshoot...

Zina

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]