View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 430am...bright and clear in the Valley, but ... 
Test Rider

Post 430am...bright and clear in the Valley, but ...
Today was my first time riding at 4 in the morning to go to work. Looked outside, it was bright and clear (it was still dark) and it wasn't too cold. thought it was perfect weather. Checked the the weather channel- foggy to sunny. Didn't think much of it, so I stuck to my plan plus its was too clear to be foggy. (coming from Spring Valley). The freeway was perfect, only a few cars, with no one in front. no one to the side. 12 miles later I saw it, at first: it was still thin, yeah I could ride through, then a few feet later, I was in trouble, faceshield was covered. The fog got too thick. I braved myself and rode open, but rookie mistake I was going too fast, it became too much too bare I had to pull over. On 28th st. the triangle in the exit ramp still on the freeway but to the side. Looked at my options, 1. Man up and ride throught it to catch the I-5: 2. Try Downtown. luckily downtown was right there. Took downtown, It was clear. Probably the clearest downtown has ever been. Cut through to get to Harbor Dr. work is at ASW Pt. Loma.(navy base). From there nothing but a few patches of fog and edgy taxi drivers. I'm glad I left early I still made it to work. From this I've learned to pay attn. to the forecast and comprehend it better. and invest in rain-X..

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:35 pm
Site Admin

Same thing happened to me last night coming back from TJ. Had to ride 45 on the freeway afraid that someone would just plow into me, not a good feeling.

Cuanto?

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
The 1000 Posts Desmo Club!

It was way foggy last night and tonight too.

06 M620 (dark)
Yup, just one (1) if I had an ex-wife, she would've taken her's with her.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pro

hehe i ride ALMOST everyday at 4am,...I get fog sometimes but Im more bent on the fact that its cold now and my bike gets covered in dew and mist before I can get back on it after work at 1pm

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:14 pm
Veteran Member

Mike, have you contemplated a bike cover???

~A

o6 749s "Giada"

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:59 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]