View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 SD Roads 
DUCATISTA FOR LIFE

Post SD Roads
Highland Valley road is pretty clear and clean.

Banner Grade is clear and clean. :grin:

Montezuma Grade (heading down to Boreggo Springs) is clean, clean, and really damn hot. :grin:

Hwy 94 is clear, clean, and full of cops. Paul and I saw a lot of them yesterday even with helicopters (that one was flying really low...just as we were passing). I won't be on that road again for a while. :cry:

Mon May 22, 2006 10:10 am
Site Admin

Highland was fun on the way home! Saw, what I thought was Paul's 900ss but it was someone else.

I would have passed out in that desert heat...

Fun Times!

Mon May 22, 2006 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Test Rider

Post Old Julian Highway & S22 Montezuma Valley Road
Yesterday, I was driving my car (yeah it sucked, no bike) and both old Julian hwy and Montezuma Valley road were in very clean and good condition. The only slight concern would be a few medium sized rocks that were on Montezuma's road surface. On my way to Borrego Springs, I only saw 2 motorcyclists and one of them was actually on a scooter! I guess the hot weather forecast scared off the motorbikes. The temperatures were actually somewhat milder than predictions, 100-102 degrees cool.....

Cris

Mon May 22, 2006 11:24 am
Pro

Post Re: SD Roads
atypical1 wrote:
Highland Valley road is pretty clear and clean.

Banner Grade is clear and clean. :grin:

Montezuma Grade (heading down to Boreggo Springs) is clean, clean, and really damn hot. :grin:

Hwy 94 is clear, clean, and full of cops. Paul and I saw a lot of them yesterday even with helicopters (that one was flying really low...just as we were passing). I won't be on that road again for a while. :cry:

I thought I was soo busted, that chopper was low! I guess they did not have any ground units in the area to nab me....who knows, Anyway, I'm glad there was no tickey..
Good riding Sunday James. Thanks for the tour.
Yes E, you would have melted in Borrengo Springs..
Hope your girl did not beat you if you were late getting home :beye: ..

WSMC #720

Tue May 23, 2006 11:48 am
Test Rider

Post Air-cooled Ducatis in Hot Weather
Paul,

Don't you know that air-cooled Ducatis and hot weather go hand-in-hand. When I had my '95 900 SP, it seemed to run better the hotter the weather got. I never experienced a single heat-related issue during the 6 years that I owned that bike. Damn! I miss her...

Once, when I was doing a track day at Thunder Hill Raceway (near California/Oregon border), the air temperature must have been at least 105 degrees. My Duck was running great, but I was having alot of problems keeping myself from becoming overheated. On that day, however, another Ducati actually caught fire while on the track. The rear brake pads and rotor got overheated and started a fire. The rider pulled off the track, but the dry brush surrounding the track was ignited by the rear brake. It was a very odd sight to see!

Cris

Tue May 23, 2006 12:06 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: SD Roads
900ss wrote:
Yes E, you would have melted in Borrengo Springs..
Hope your girl did not beat you if you were late getting home :beye: ..
:grin:

Almost, I was an hour late :scar:

Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Test Rider

I was in Borrego Springs on Sunday on the MH900e. Came up S2 from Ocotillo after running all the way out 94 to I-8. Made it to Christmas Circle about 11am. There were a bazillion Harleys on the roads. Had to be about 40 in the gas station as I headed out around noon. Went up Montezuma, up and down the East Grade of Palomar, Old Julian Hwy, and Wildcat. About 280 miles.

Tue May 23, 2006 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Event Organizer

I was in Borrego Springs on Sunday on the MH900e. Came up S2 from Ocotillo after running all the way out 94 to I-8. Made it to Christmas Circle about 11am. There were a bazillion Harleys on the roads. Had to be about 40 in the gas station as I headed out around noon. Went up Montezuma, up and down the East Grade of Palomar, Old Julian Hwy, and Wildcat. About 280 miles.

Must be off-season for SCCA, eh? :dealer:

'05 K1200s

Tue May 23, 2006 6:52 pm
Test Rider

Must be off-season for SCCA, eh? :dealer:

Off weekend! There is no off-season in Sunny So Cal. :grin: I was out testing the 5-gallon gas tank for the MH that Chris Kelley had made. Stock is about 2.3 or so. It did not drain all 5 gallons (used about 4.4) due to a large sump in the front of the tank. So there will be another prototype coming soon that relocates the pump to the front and hopefully drains all 5 gallons. I guess I'll just have to take another long ride this weekend. Poor, Steve! :wink:

Wed May 24, 2006 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]