View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Second Bike 
Test Rider

Post Second Bike
First, let me start by stating that I love my 2010 Multistrada…

It has been an excellent relationship as the performance and functionality have been great for me BUT… thoughts have entered my mind… possibilities… combinations to complement or even “specialize” the features of the bike are in my mind and now I need help. What better place to ask for much needed help than this group of individuals…

If you had the opportunity to get a second bike to complement your Multistrada, what route would you take?

Would you go for the Sport Bike end of the spectrum and get an 848, 1198???

Or, go towards the other end and get into a Dual Sports bike like a 800 or 1200 GS???

I am not 100% sold on the bikes stated so any other would be welcomed options

What has been done?

Please help me think straight and with some common sense… heck, maybe common sense is not needed in this process.

Any help would and/or advice would be extremely welcomed

2002 Kawasaki KLR650 SOLD

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 am
Site Moderator

Post Re: Second Bike
For me, it would depend on whether there were areas you feel that the current bike falls short on. The MultiStrada does just about everything well, although it's not highly capable in the dirt. For me, that wouldn't be a problem, since the closest to dirt I ever get is a fire road, and the MultiStrada does those perfectly well. So I might look for more nimble and sporty if I was outriding the MS a bit. Or if not, then maybe I'd look for something simple and vintage to play with on the side. You are the one who needs to assess what you want but don't have.

PhilB

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]