View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 HID CONVERSION FOR 900SP/SS/CR w/ H4 Bulbs 
Test Rider

Post HID CONVERSION FOR 900SP/SS/CR w/ H4 Bulbs
Hello,

I just wanted to share my latest safety mod, Bi-Xenon HID headlight for my bike. IMO one of the best mods you can do for safety, even if you don't ride your bike at night like I do. Working graveyard shifts doesn't keep me from enjoying my Ducati. This mod will turn the darkest streets into daylight and the most ignorant cager see you better during daylight hours

The only real mod you have to do for you 900 is to trim the OEM locking ring. The HID bulb/connector is a few mm too big for the ring to lock it in place. A good dremel an grinding wheel will complete the mod in 5 minutes. All wiring is plug & play w/ good kits. Hope the pics are self explanatory.

Disclaimer: There are many HID kits out there ranging from $50-$300. You get what you pay for and just remember the amount you pay can be relative to how long your ballast/bulb last. Also I highly recommend Bi-Xenon systems w/ a hi/lo function via moving reflector. Don't get anything over 4300K or you will diminish light output. The higher the Kelvin # the whiter/bluer the light (bitchin') but the least effective. I got 4300K and they are pure white.

BEFORE - DARK STREET BY WORK

LOW BEAM

HIGH BEAM - DAYLIGHT - NOTICE THE INFERIOR HALOGENS OF APPROACHING CAR!

The pictures exaggerate the intensity of the headlight head on. They are not this bright, blinding oncoming cars. They do however turn the darkest streets into daylight. Critics can say what they want but I believe I'm safer riding my bike at night. I also know their benefits during daylight hours. It's great seeing the reflection of the super white beam on the back of even black cars. Be responsible and make sure your headlight is properly aimed before subjecting the public to your HIDs

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]