View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 1100s..... Hear it ROAR!! 
Pro

Post 1100s..... Hear it ROAR!!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pro

P.S. For those of you who will be out riding early on Saturday and can't stay for lunch, coffee and breakfast snacks will be served at 9am!

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Test Rider

Post Cool
I'll try to swing by there in the afternoon...great idea. Will you be posting a list of movies and showtimes?
-DConger

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile YIM
Pro

Great! We hope to see a bunch of you guys stopping by. As far as showtimes go, so far we're just playing it by ear. Movies will include (but aren't limited to) "The world's Fastest Indian," "The Doctor, The Tornado & The Kentucky Kid," "The Wild One," "The Motorcycle Diaries," "Dust to Glory," and of course a couple of Godzilla movies. We also have a few old school motorcycle movies, couple of "Faster" movies, and much of the racing that went on in 2008. Defiantly a full day's worth, and then some.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Events | WSMC #880

Fun Bike. Still impartial to the original monsters though....

Former WSMC#880

749R
SC1000
Husky TC250
Aprilia RS50

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:44 am
Site Moderator

I went today to the Launch Event for the new Ducati Monster 1100S at Moto Forza in Escondido. I had been considering going up to Glendale for their launch event at Pro Italia – bigger event, lunch provided, Monster “concours” contest, etc., but decided upon the morning to sleep in and go local. I’m glad I did, because Moto Forza allowed me a test ride on the new Monster 1100, and I’m pretty sure Pro Italia wouldn’t have had one available for that, at least not unless you could convince them you were serious about buying.

I was very impressed. The new Monster felt much more stable and secure on the road than the older ones. The new design moves the seat (and thus the rider) forward about two inches, and up about one inch. This makes for a more aggressive riding position, a little more elbows-out-dirtbike than before, and makes for a significantly better weight distribution. The old Monster was always a little too light in the front; the new one a greatly improved.

This is even more important with the 1100 motor – the latest and greatest version of the 2V air/oil-cooled twin. It’s very strong, with a really fat torque curve. Even with the better weight distribution, and with being used to keeping the light front end of my bike on the ground, I still accidentally lifted the front a couple times. It fuelled well and was smooth throughout. I could tell it’s set up on the lean side (as pretty much all bikes are these days, to pass smog requirements), but there were no significant stumbles or rough spots.

I am not wild about the aesthetics on the new Monsters. They seem too busy, too many fiddly-looking bits. The old ones had a simpler, cleaner look to them. But it sure did feel nice to ride.

Overall verdict: thumbs-up (although for my money, I’d still buy the HyperMotard as the first choice.)

PhilB

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:39 pm
Moderator/Event Organizer

Thanks for lunch Balz, it was great to see such a good turnout.

Busy Livin.

'06 ST3S ABS
'12 Multi 1200S

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:02 am
Pro

Thanks everyone for coming Saturday, we here at Moto Forza hope that everyone who attended had a great time.
Here is the link to some photos from that day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Daniela.Dunne/MonsterMovieMadness?authkey=oxrPJ9sQ6Xo&pli=1#slideshow

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]