View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New to DOCSD 
Test Rider

why would it be interesting? DP makes the dry clutch conversion for the 848.

"King of the Mountain"
2010 848 Pearl White
2006 CBR600RR-Wifey

Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 am
Pro Rider

sParKy! wrote:
It'd be interesting to hear how you convert your bike from wet to dry...

Same here

Fri May 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Test Rider

"King of the Mountain"
2010 848 Pearl White
2006 CBR600RR-Wifey

Fri May 21, 2010 7:44 pm
Test Rider

Hey guys, Thanks for all the welcomes. Im still waiting for the conversion to come in. A lot of people have asked me why the dry clutch and my main reason is im making this bike a strict track bike and wanted to have a clutch that can easily be maintained. I dont race and not a hardcore rider but I did want to buy something that is feasible and worth buying. The dry clutch conversion is only 1500 and it comes with a slipper. the slipper alone is about 800 bucks depending on who you go with so a few more hundred got the conversion. I love the wet clutch because it is quiet but I have found other threads that teach you how to quiet down the dry clutch which I plan to do. Once the parts come in, I'l update you more on the conversion.

@ HPzie, we are talking about this conversion that DP offers:

http://www.ducatiperformance.com/ducati ... -4126.html

Sun May 23, 2010 12:52 pm
Test Rider

aye man welcome. im new here as well but im lookin forward on meeting yah just like everybody else. mybe after your done with the conversion you can give me some tips on how to do mine.:grin: whats your status on the conversion anyway?

Thx for the welcome. Its been a month and DP still hasnt sent me the conversion. Parts were supposed to be avail early May but still no word :(

Sun May 23, 2010 12:59 pm
Test Rider

well for the 848, if you get the dry clutch it has a slipper in the package and with the stock clutch that we have now you have to purchase the slipper, 2 different entities. Ducati Performance has both options for the 848. Though if you go dry....i hope your left hand is ready!!! :angry:

Hey Flash848 I like your avatar pic. I want those forks so badly in that same color :dealer:

Sun May 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Test Rider

thanks, I think that there special order from Ohlins, which when that time comes I am going to get them!!! I just like to do things different from the common Duc owners if you know what I mean...which only a few have dry clutch 848's!!!

"King of the Mountain"
2010 848 Pearl White
2006 CBR600RR-Wifey

Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am
Test Rider

Post newbie
Im glad to be a newbie for the first time in my life.. I purchased my first Ducati yesterday.. Not even sure what it is, what year or anything.. I love it ...thats all I know.. Ive never had a big twin before.. 900 I guess.. The torque is awesome and the handling is great.. There are so many incredable things on it I dont know where to start.. Heim joints and hard seat cover arent what I expected.. I know alot of engineering went into this bad boy..I cant wait until I meet you guys... Looking foreward to the next meet.. Keep it rubber side down and your pistons out of the daylight.. peace...

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:38 pm
Test Rider

Post Re: newbie
DucGuy wrote:
Im glad to be a newbie for the first time in my life.. I purchased my first Ducati yesterday.. Not even sure what it is, what year or anything.. I love it ...thats all I know.. Ive never had a big twin before.. 900 I guess.. The torque is awesome and the handling is great.. There are so many incredable things on it I dont know where to start.. Heim joints and hard seat cover arent what I expected.. I know alot of engineering went into this bad boy..I cant wait until I meet you guys... Looking foreward to the next meet.. Keep it rubber side down and your pistons out of the daylight.. peace...

Hey DucGuy,

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum. you will have a blast learning about these machines. Ride safe and maybe we will meet one day at the track

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2